Julie’s been a professional writer and author for the past 30 years and is a member of the Authors Guild. Here are some of her publishing credits:
- Ten Secrets to Losing Weight After 50, non-fiction book published January 2020. Received a five-star review from Readers’ Favorite.
- I’m Your Daughter, Julie: Caring for a Parent with Dementia, non-fiction book published 2019. Won grand prize from Royal Dragonfly.
- Time To Cast Away, young adult novel published 2008
- Just Call Me Goody-Two-Shoes, young adult novel published 2006
- Co-Author of Residential Steel Construction and Design, published 1998
Samples of Recently Published Articles:
- Boomer Cafe: “Baby Boomers Going Bankrupt on the Rise” published September 2019.
- Next Avenue: “Moving Forward After the One You Cared For Dies” published in July 2019.
- Boomer Cafe: “Boomers Helping Grandkids Through Divorce” published in February 2017
- Retirement and Good Living: “Writing in Retirement,” published in April 2014
Contributing Writer for Online Publications:
- Senior editor for BuildZoom, wrote press releases, website content, and blogs for construction and remodeling industry from 2011 to 2013.
- Wrote humorous articles and celebrity profiles about menopause for Hot Flash Daily from 2014 to 2016
- Contributing writer about outdoor living for Shade FX’s blog from 2013 to 2015.
- Wrote blogs with painting and decorating tips for Precise Image Painting from 2014 to 2017
Contributing Writer for Magazines:
- Wrote creative biographies about women entrepreneurs for People You Need to Know magazine in 2010 and 2011.
- Contributing writer for Canadian national home and lifestyle magazines including Century 21 Life at Home Magazine, Coldwell Bank West Living Magazine, and Royal Lepage Home Magazine published in 2015 and 2016.
- Wrote articles for various property investment magazines, Property Women’s monthly newsletter, and press releases from 2011 to 2016
- Contributing writer for the quarterly magazine, Every Day Dog, from 2010 to 2014
- Young adult short story published in True Romance in March 1993 issue
- Short story published in Genre Sampler, “Anniversary Blues” in April 1994 issue
- Young adult short story published in Lighthouse Magazine, “Danny Demented,” in July 1990 issue
General Magazine Articles
- Non-fiction magazine article published in Woman’s World, “They Celebrated Their Love in Style” in April 1991 issue.
- Non-fiction article, “Small Boarding House Started Desert Vacation Trend,” published in Capper’s February 15, 1994.
Children’s Magazine Articles
- Jack and Jill, non-fiction article, “Tales of The Toys, published September 1994
- Cricket, non-fiction article, “In The Blink of an Eye,” published May 1995
- Wild Outdoor World, non-fiction article, “Ant Cows,” published March/April 1997 issue
- Kids Today, non-fiction article, “Why Do You Hiccup?” published Winter 1994 issue
- Hopscotch, non-fiction article, “Caterpillar Cows,” published August 1995
- Children’s Digest, non-fiction article, “How To Make A Newspaper,” published September 1995
- Wild Outdoor World, non-fiction article, “Master Builders” published March/April 1997 issue
- Child Life, non-fiction article, “A Smoke-Free Childhood,” published October 1995
- Wild Outdoor World, non-fiction article, “Insect Pets,” published July 1998
Parenting Magazine Articles
- Family Times, non-fiction article, “Ten Ways to Help Your Child Cope With Stress,” published October 1995
- Cincinnati Family, non-fiction article, “Choosing the Right Music Teacher,” published August 2006
- Central Coast Parent, non-fiction article, “When at Pet Dies,” published October 1990
- San Diego Family Press, non-fiction article, “We Need You! Volunteers Improve Schools,” published March 1994
- Bay Area Parent, non-fiction article, “Tips for School Helpers,” published September 1995
Business Magazine Articles
- Construction Marketing Today, non-fiction article, “New System Aims at Housing,” published August 1995
- Automated Builder, non-fiction article, “Inventor: Desert Homes Merge Three Elements Into Winning Combination,” published September 1995
- Western HVACR News, non-fiction article, “Retired Engineer Invents Energy-Efficient Building System,” published November 1995
- Metal Home Digest, non-fiction article, “Innovative Building System Used in Habitat Home,” published July/August 1996 issue
- PBF Magazine, non-fiction article, “Tight, Light Thermal Mass,” published April 1997
- Income Opportunities, non-fiction article, “How to Start a Home-Based Word-Processing/Desktop Publishing Business.”
- Automated Builders, non-fiction article, “Hacker Brings Innovative Building System to Thailand,” published July 1997.
Newspaper Reporter for The Puyallup Herald, from 1997 to 1999 covering education, city news, and feature stories. Wrote more than 400 articles and received three journalism awards from the Washington Newspaper Publishers Association.